NOTE: If you are unable to successfully submit an application due to lack of internet, computer access, or other issues, please contact email@example.com directly for assistance.
This grant program is for
nonprofit animal welfare organizations and/or government animal service agencies whose
communities suffer the impact of unanticipated natural or other disasters. Grants will assist organizations that have been directly affected, or are
helping other pets or organizations in need. While we support and encourage disaster preparedness efforts, we prioritize funding for immediate disaster relief and assess our ability to help with preparedness requests at the end of the year.
To be considered for a Disaster
Relief Grant you must meet these guidelines for eligibility:
- Nonprofit or governmental agency, such as municipal or county animal control, with an animal welfare mission or a direct relationship with an animal welfare organization.
- Have been directly affected by a recent disaster or emergency situation and/or are assisting in an affected area.
Grant funding can be used for:
- Medical supplies and veterinary care treatment for pets.
- Pet food and pet supplies, including crates, etc.
- Temporary shelter or boarding costs for rescued or at-risk pets.
- Other immediately needed materials including cleaning supplies, tarps, bedding, blankets, etc. to keep pets safe and comfortable.
- Transportation costs to rescue or relocate pets.
- Other expenses related to providing temporary shelter for rescued pets including overtime salaries, rental equipment or facilities, cleanup costs, etc.
- Reimbursement up to three months post-disaster for expenses incurred and related to the above.
We cannot help with:
- Requests related to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Hoarding or abuse cases.
- Feral populations.
- Programs solely dedicated to sanctuary animals/equine/livestock/wildlife assistance.